After just 1 year Mike Pence has “respectfully” suggested to Special Counsel Mueller to “wrap it up” concerning the investigation into Russian collusion with the Trump Campaign. Mueller has responded to Pence with a “Yeah. Right”. Let’s look at other scandals over the last few decades.
Watergate. The scandal began from a break in to the Democratic National Committee and resulted in a cover up conspiracy. Senate Watergate Committee was formed in August of 1973. Just 1 year later Nixon resigned. The Watergate scandal resulted in 69 government officials being charged and 48 being found guilty.
Iran/Contra Affair. Senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo. November 25, 1986 the Tower Commission was created to investigate. Within a year there were at least 16 indictments including 16 felony counts against Oliver North.
Whitewater. Whitewater initially was an investigation into the real estate investments of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Ken Star was appointed to continue the investigate which started in 1994. 4 years later Clinton was impeached for an unrelated issue lying about a BJ.
Benghazi. The republican House investigated the Benghazi incident or over 4 years resulting in no action or indictments.
Email scandal. The republican House investigated the use of a private email server by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for over a year resulting in no action or indictments. The baseless investigation played a role in the 2016 election, as designed.
Russia Collusion. Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller was appointed in May of 2017 just 5 months after Trump’s poorly attended inauguration. (snipe) After just over 1 year, Mueller’s investigation has resulted in the following:
- Indictments on multiple counts of Paul Manafort, former campaign manager of Trump.
- Indictments against Rick Gates, Manaforts business partner.
- Indictments and guilty plea by General Flynn, Trumps National Security Advisor
- Indictments and guilty plea by George Papadopoulos, Trump’s campaign advisor
- Indictment and guilty plea by Richard Pinedo
- Indictment and guilty plea by Dutch attorney Alex van der Zwaan (now serving jail time)
- Indictments against 13 Russian nationals and three Russian organizations.