Jay Kleburg and Sandagrace Martinez are in a runoff for the Democratic nomination for the Texas Land Commissioner. Here is a simple to understand comparison between the two to help you make a decision.
Fundraising. Unfortunately running for office requires raising money. It is hard work and can show how seriously the candidate is about running. The following is based on ethics reports filed with The Texas Ethics Commission.
- Jay Kleburg: $860,209.
- Sandragrace Martinez: $1000.
- Jay Kleburg: Too many to post here. His endorsements, including Beto O’Rourke, Mayor Turner, and other elected officials, activists, and organizations can be found here.
- Sandragrace Martinez: None.
Qualifications: (From their websites)
- Former Associate Director of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation
- Co-founder and managing director of Explore Ranches
- Director of the Texas Lyceum, a non-partisan civic engagement group
- Co-founder of the Amazon Alliance (Aliança da Terra)
- Advisory Board Member of the University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business
- Board Member of Flatsworthy, a grassroots conservation organization on the Texas coast
- Board Member of Caesar Kleberg Foundation for Wildlife Conservation
- Former Board Chair of Texas Water Trade, a non-profit water conservation organization
- Former Board Chair of the El Paso Regional Mobility Advocacy Group, a nonprofit transportation advocacy organization
- Former Board Member of the El Paso Museum of History Foundation, philanthropic partner to Museum
- Former Board Member of the Community Scholars Program, a non-profit leadership development organization for El Paso High School students
- CLINICAL THERAPIST PC, LCDC-CI
- TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- DISTRICT PAROLE OFFICER II
- REGULAR PAROLE CASELOAD & VIOLENT OFFENDER PROGRAM
- TEXAS STATE SENATE HISPANIC COUNCIL – STATE CAPITOL BUILDING – AUSTIN, TEXAS
- TEXAS SENATE LEGISLATIVE AIDE
- OFFICE OF SENATOR LETICIA VAN DE PUTTE.
- LEGISLATIVE AIDE: FINANCE, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, JURISPRUDENCE AND VETERAN’S
- AFFAIRS COMMITTEE’S AUSTIN & SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS OFFICE
- Bexar County Sheriff’s Office Advisory Board 2020-Current
- Board Member Texas Criminal Justice Coalition 2012-2014