Let’s give credit where credit is due. The gun safety bill of 2022 does something. It gives the NRA bitches of the Republican Party an opportunity to look as if they did something. They didn’t. Here is a simple to understand FAQ on what you and your family can expect from the new gun bill:
- Can 18 year olds still buy an assault weapon? Yes.
- Can 18 year olds still buy high capacity ammunition clips, body armor, and gun silencers? Yes.
- Does the bill create Red Flag laws? No. It only provides funds to states that implement Red Flag laws. Will Texas create a Red Flag law? No. Aint going to happen.
- Does the bill ban high capacity ammunition clips, armor piercing bullets, body armor, or military style assault weapons? No.
- Does the bill provide funding for safer schools. Yes.
- Will the bill provide protection for those who worship in churches? No.
- Will the bill provide protection for those who attend concerts? No.
- Will the bill provide protection for those who shop at Walmart? No.
- Will the bill provide protection for those who dance at night clubs? No.
- Will the bill provide protection for those who work at a job? No.
- Will the bill end the open carry of loaded assault rifles in public? No.
- Is this bill the start of other bills that will address the gun violence in our country that has killed children at school? LOL. You are kidding, right?
It’s something but it doesn’t address the problem of unlimited access to guns. There will be another mass shooting. Might not be today or tomorrow but it will happen. It may not happen to you or your family, or your friends, or your community, but it will happen because this bill does not address the real problem.
As I have said before, if you thought the slaughter of 19 children would change the minds of the NRA bitches of the Republican Party, you have forgotten the 20 kids in Sandy Hook.